Thank you for your interest in the SA Spa Association.
Worldwide, stress is the number 1 reason for people visiting a spa and massage is the most commonly requested treatment, as per the Global Consumer Study conducted by ISPA in 15 countries worldwide. This trend soon led to people gaining a more developed insight to the consequent health benefits and advantages of lifestyle management.
South Africa certainly being no exception to the international rule has resulted in the tremendous growth of the spa industry over the last 15 years, not only in the number of spas, but in the diversity of spas and spa therapies available.
The Association therefore has an important role to:
Create partnerships within allied associations and provide networking opportunities for members
- grow a trustworthy industry
- educate the spa visitor about the benefits of spa experiences
- build confidence in spa therapies
- set the guidelines and standards for the establishment of a spa
- quality control the spa establishments
- assure certification of Membership
Who are members of the South African Spa Association.
- Liase with international spa association and respective authorities
- Liase with media, creating a public awareness for the South African Spas
- Collaboration opportunities at exhibitions, conferences and business opportunities
The association is dedicated to be an accessible and inclusive organization. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the Spa Industry, but will be of particular benefit to:
- Spa businesses
- Spa consultants, Architects and Designers
- Spa Product, Equipment and Service Suppliers
- Spa Training Providers
- Hoteliers and those in the Hospitality Industry
- Spa Travel agents, Tour operators and others in the Travel and Tourism industry
What are the additional benefits of membership?
In addition to Member Spa Certification, the
list of Benefits for each member of the SA Spa Association is extensive, with
new benefits being constantly added, we therefore encourage members to visit
the website on a regular basis.
1. Spa Association Logo: All Spa Association members are allowed to use the logo
during active membership status on their website, collateral marketing
material, promotions and client communication. Credibility to the client is established, as each spa is
site inspected and conforms to the code of conduct.
2. Free listing and individual spa webpage on the South
African Spa Association.
The SA Spa
Association website is dynamic, interactive trade and consumer website,
featuring each members of the Association and updated regularly with press
releases, new articles, courses, events, and more.
3. SA Spa Association SPA INDEX
for all member spas and 20% discount on advertising in the Spa Index. The Spa
Index is distributed nationally to consumers and bagged with the November Issue
of the Longevity Magazine
4. Regional Networking events with guest speakers on a variety of topics to assist spas
with their operational, marketing and motivational aspects.
5. A Complimentary Print Subscription of the Les Nouvelles
Esthetiques Spa Magazine
6. A FREE Copy of South African Spa Benchmark Report by
Intelligent Spas in
collaboration with the SA Spa Association and other research documents facilitating
Nouvelles Esthetiques Spa Conference:
for all spa association members attending the annual 2 day spa conference. South Africa's leading educational
event for spa, wellness and hospitality professionals
8. Ongoing Educational Courses: Discounts of up to 20 percent for Spa Association
9. Joint Venture Consumer Promotions: More information available for each
event, examples include: Travel Indaba, Golf and & Leisure Book, etc
10. DTL Magazine Distribution – keeping your reception up
to date. Members receive an extra 10% discount
off any magazine pack and a 50% discount off any magazine rack. DTL offers multiple magazine
subscriptions at a reduced rate, delivered to your door.
For more information on membership, membership fees or how your spa can participate in this important industry initiative, please contact us.
Contact Details: South African Spa Association on 011 447 9959 or e-mail: email@example.com