The South African Spa Association is the ambassador
for the Spa Industry, with representation in all aspects related to spas, such
as health and wellness, tourism and hospitality, education and training.
The South Africa's Spa Industry is relatively young by
global standards. Established and emerging spa businesses need to constantly
improve their business and management skills, keep up with new changing trends
within the industry, and develop good business contacts and partnerships. Access
to resources are needed that can assist in market research and improving
industry standards, professional training and education.
members are professionals that work in partnership to develop and implement
approaches that will help shape the future of the South African Spa Industry,
in collaboration with the International Spa Industries and Associations.
South African Spa Association provides consumers with quality assurance and
added protection, through assessing and certification of each member spa
facility according to recognized international criteria, so allowing spa
visitors to have peace of mind when visiting a spa that bears the South African
Spa Association logo.
The Association will have important roles to:
● Grow a trustworthy industry
● Educate the spa visitor about the benefits of spa experiences
● Build confidence in spa therapies
● Set the guidelines and standards for the establishment of a spa as well as Quality control the spa establishments
● Certification of Membership
● Guide industry research , Identify areas for development and provide Access to research materials
● Identify needs for education and communicate these needs through the PAB Registration Council
● Create partnerships within allied associations and provide Networking opportunities for members
● Liase with international spa association and respective authorities, ensuring standards are of international level
● Liase with media, creating a public awareness for the South African Spa Association
● Participation in dialogues with the relevant NQF bodies, setas and linked associations and companies.
● Priority access to information on spa industry events and developments
● Collaboration opportunities at exhibitions, conferences and business deals
● Events and Training Course
● Formation of an association Website , allowing members to be listed, spa information to be shared, Forum and FAQ,
with a platform for consumers to voice complaints and complements.
Who should join the South African Spa Association
The association is dedicated to be an accessible and inclusive organization. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the South African Spa Industry, but will be of particular benefit to:
● Spa businesses
● Spa consultants, Architects and Designers
● Spa Product and Service Suppliers
● Spa Equipment Suppliers
● Spa Training Providers
● Hoteliers and those in the Hospitality Industry
● Spa Travel agents, Tour operators and others in the Travel and Tourism industry
● Health and Lifestyle Media